GCAM 14 (Part 4) - Gold Coast Weather

Thursday 3 July 2014

 

It is now 3 days before the Gold Coast Airport Marathon 2014! As part of my running rituals, I went for a 10 km condition run this morning with the actual gears I intended to wear on race day. Upon  completing my run, I  concluded that my gears would be appropriate for GCAM this Sunday. 

The only consideration that might impact my run would be the 1-2 hours wait at the start line (hoping that wind breeze would not impact core temperature too much before the run). I concur that we should prepare disposable poncho and gloves during the early morning wait in the wind chill.

Anyway, see below for some data/information :

Weather

<7am - it felt like 12-13 degree celsius but wind chill made it felt like 10-12 degree celsius.
>7am - it felt like 15-17 degree celsius but the sun made it felt like 17-19 degree celsuis.
 
My Tested and Proven Running Gears

 

  • Nike Running Shirt + 2XU Compression Top (as base layer)
  • Heads Shorts + Skins Compression Shorts (as base layer)
  • Nike Visor
  • SpiBelt
  • Garmin GPS Watch
  • Newton Gravity Running Shoes + SAF Socks

 

 
 

My Running Data


 


"Shoot & Run" Photos

 
I hope this will be a meaningful share with fellow runners. Feeling excited to meet you all this weekend.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY